Pages

Tuesday 28 May 2013

A Thank you and and update

The gang have taken it in turns to get the lurgi and it was my turn yesterday. Spent 18 hours in the sack listening to the radio ( a past time I do enjoy) and I heard a very interesting play on 'The Two Ronnies'.  So now I'm just awaiting the compulsory 24 hrs without symptoms which has given me the opportunity to catch up some on some modelling.

I tool the advice from the previous blog. I washed the figures, dried them overnight and tried another undercoat of black. Left to dry.

Today, three days later, I returned to my company and saw that the undercoat had stayed on. RESULT! The sad thing was black seems to hide the detail on these figures, grey does not. Now I know plastic isn't as forgiving as metal but compared to the like of Caesar, Airfix do come up a wee bit wanting. After examining the figures I discovered that the undercoat had sloughed off, in parts.

So with all things considered I decided to try out a 'quick wargame block painting'  technique. Part 1: A Heavy wash of burnt umber: Part 2; Paint backpack, pouches, respirator cases, puttees in Rucksac tan: Part 3; Dry brush webbing in same colour: Part 4; Finish off flesh, rifles, hair and boots: Part 5; Base and varnish.

And There You Have It.

The cake that just keeps giving.

Keep well out there.
Lorcan.

9 comments:

  1. I might have to steal that cake picture! Glad the spray painting seems to be working. And batch painting.... sometimes a nesscercary evil!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You seem to have sorted at least part of your problem out, which is nice (like the cake)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear you are well enough for a bit of cake, but then again who wouldn't be! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll skip the cake but take the pie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I only have one thing to say, Bob - PHWOAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cheers guys, cookie did a good job with the filling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just because you must of missed i'll post a link here for you mate.

    http://brummieswargamingblog.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/department-x-head-hugo-solomon-and.html

    Is that camp enough for you :D

    ReplyDelete