Pages

Sunday 8 September 2013

FFO-SITREP & your weekly Pretty Lady test.


You know the feeling when you get back to work after time off and you think everything has changed fro the better and then within a couple of hours your holiday is a long distant memory. Well it didn't happen to me this year. I came back to find that of the three of us in the office one had been redeployed to another department and the other had been sacked from the role, meaning that when I got back I found that my workload had tripled. Whop de do! Hence no gaming/modelling loveliness.
I did seek solace in reading FFO. On my first scan I felt a bit ripped off as most of it seemed to be a rehash. But saying that I realised that it is in fact a decent development. Sadly, it makes some of the other supplements a bit redundant. Saying that the idea of THW is to have fun and like our pal Zabadak I've taken to adapting bits an pieces. The THW zombie world game would seem to flow a bit smoother. Watch this space for developments, time permitting.

But I did bring some beautiful cider back from Normandy, the one I'm sipping now has a toffee flavour. Gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Speaking of Zabadak he gets the virtual coconut for correctly identifying Veronica LAKE as the weekly beauty. This week's lady is a fair (even though she is a beautiful brunette) bit easier to guess, but none the less, less lovely.



Ciao,

Lorcan.

12 comments:

  1. That sucks job wise buddy. Enjoy the cider and have a think about our next campaign.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Work Sux - it's a given
    I'm with you on the FFO rules front and I was pretty disappointed with them tbh. Like you I'm still amending my version of the rules, but still haven't rectified which version of the "In sight" test to use as I see merits in both. (the ATZ version and the FFO one)
    As for Gina Lollibrigida (sic), what can I say ? - give me Sophia Loren !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep we're singing on the same hymn sheet with FFO. And yet another coconut, you stalker of 40/50/60 pinups!!

      Delete
  3. The beauty of the ATZ system is that you can play about with it as much as you like and not break it. It is very flexible like that. I have my own house rules as does Joe and others. It's your game to do with as you want. Just remember the first rule above all - have fun. Smiley face!

    Joe's good at identifying these beauties you keep posting. It must be an age thing! Hah, who am I to talk about old age?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GREAT to see you posting again. You are so right about ATZ rules. Oy you and I are about the same age!!!! As for Joe well? Take it easy get well soon.

      Delete
    2. GREAT to see you posting again. You are so right about ATZ rules. Oy you and I are about the same age!!!! As for Joe well? Take it easy get well soon.

      Delete
    3. I'm just over here guys, i can see everything you're typing !
      I'm almost certainly older than both of you too.

      Delete
  4. I know what you mean My job is safe now but I went through 13 months of it being "at Risk" I too have been redeployed to a different building, but strangely with most of the same team. Slowly getting used to it now, but change is a challenge!

    My main concern about FFO is that they have already bought out a supplement. So hardly Final!

    As ever a joy to read your thoughts and trust me once you get into the swing work will improve. (well at least mine did)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers mate, thanks for your thoughts. This work thing only will last a couple of months anyway. Just the shock. What I erally want to do is play a game.

      Delete
  5. I'm re-reading my FFO as well, as I feel I am getting close to finally play a game. I too am thinking of making some tweaks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like all 2HW rules the thing to do is have abit of a go at them. They are fairly forgiving once you get hold of them and can be tested with paper and pencil. Have a go. As I said to Clint I just love playing the games. Last year's blogs show this. I think its the lack of play that's getting me down this year. Thanks for your thoughts.

      Delete